The description on the front of the card:
Entrance to Snyder Park, Springfield, Ohio
Postmark Date: December 4, 1907
Era: Undivided Back Era
In 1895, John and David L. Snyder of a wealthy family of millers made a deal with the City of Springfield, Ohio, to donate over 217 acres of their land as long as the city would transform it into a park. The park was opened in 1897 and the stone arch in the postcard was completed in 1902 to honor the Snyder brothers. The park is now one of Clark County’s largest parks.
Mrs. A. L. Palmer
The American News Company, New York. Poly-Chrome.
The American News Company, headquartered in New York City, operated from 1864 to 1969, playing a pivotal role as a publisher and distributor of books, magazines, newspapers, and postcards across the United States. They developed a national network of affiliated news agencies for efficient distribution.
Read more about the American News Company
Printed in: Leipzig, Dresden
Cancel type: Machine cancel
Stamp: Green one-cent
Rights Info: Public Domain