Haenlein Brothers Co.

The Haenlein Brothers Company (also called The Haenlein Brothers Arcade Amusement Company) of Columbus, Ohio, was a wholesale dealer of “postcards, pennants, and all kinds of novelties” that operated in Downtown Columbus from the 1880s through the 1920s.

Some addresses include Broad and High, 173 S. High Street, and 10 S. Wall Street. In the 1920s, Max Stern was the company’s president and Leo Haenlein served as manager and treasurer. Leo and his brother Elmer Haenlein bought Olentangy Park in 1929, which they managed until its closure in 1938.

Memorial Hall, Columbus, Ohio (Date Unknown)
Vintage postcard depicting the Franklin County Memorial Hall in Columbus, Ohio. This building later housed the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) science museum between 1964-1999.


  • Arter, Bill. “Columbus Vignettes: Broad and High in 1880s.” The Columbus Sunday Dispatch. 27 March 1966. Pg. 286.
  • “Produces Novelties.” The Columbus Sunday Dispatch. 1 January 1922. Pg. 10.