Clayton Winfield Platt took over the photo gallery in 1883 upon the death of his father, A.C. Platt, a prominent Sandusky, Ohio, photographer. The gallery was located at the northeast corner of Columbus Avenue and Water Street.
C.W. Platt enjoyed capturing scenes of the Lake Erie Islands area. He also made several hand-tinted matted prints of scenes from the Lake Erie Islands. In 1903, he sold his business to his former employee, C.G. Wildenthaler, due to declining health. Platt passed away in 1914.
Source: Sandusky History